Compliant Blade Ideal for Deburring, Chamfering and Scraping Aluminum, Steel and Brass
The Compliant Deburring Blade (CDB), patent pending, is ATI's most versatile deburring tool, featuring a durable interface to accommodate a variety of readily available hand-held blades and media.
The pneumatically-controlled, articulated design gives users the ability to tune the contact force to accommodate specific applications by changing the air pressure.
This deburring tool excels in light and medium deburring, chamfering, and scraping operations on materials such as aluminum, steel, and brass. The CDB's axial and radial compliance is ideal for reducing robotic programming time and maintain constant force where surface irregularities are present.
Features and Benefits
- Designed for edge deburring, chamfering, countersinking, and scraping: The pneumatically-actuated compliance mechanism enables dynamic control of contact force to accommodate specific applications.
- Robust collet: Accepts standard off-the-shelf hand deburring blades and media that can be changed without additional tools.
- Versatile: Can be utilized for various material removal tasks on plastic, aluminum, steel, brass, and more.
- Quiet Operation: No motor noise helps to reduce ambient noise in the work environment.
- Ideal for collaborative applications: A simple mechanical design, without high-speed moving parts, makes this tool an ideal solution for collaborative processes.
- Radial and axial compliance: Easily switches between full radial and single-axis compliance.
- Easy teaching: Floating radial and axial compliance allow fast and simple programming of the robot. The movement of the blade compensates for changes in part tolerances, part misalignment, and robot path variation.
Want more information? Click below.