Return to Homepage
Bevel Gear Grinding Machine Offers Quick Tool-Less Setup and the Cleanest Work Chamber in the Industry
The new Phoenix 280G Bevel Gear Grinding Machine establishes a new benchmark for bevel gear grinding for gears up to 280mm in diameter with a design that's reliable, highly productive and easy to operate and maintain.
The new Phoenix 280G has the cleanest work chamber in the industry. There are no rails, wires, or pipes in the work chamber to collect SWARF, keeping the chamber clean for low preventative maintenance.
In addition, the machine offers rapid set-up and all major set-up items can be completed without tools (tool-less), including the grinding wheel, coolant header and work holding. The coolant header has small blocks that can easily be swapped out by hand, while the grinding wheel can be released hydraulically.
Some of the other significant features of the Phoenix 280G are:
- Reliability -- A well-designed work chamber ensures optimum SWARF evacuation. The wheel dresser, for example, 'telescopes' completely out of the work chamber to reduce the wiring/piping typically found there. The tool-less, quick-change coolant header design features a laser guidance device that makes part-to-part pipe alignment more efficient and repeatable.
- Unsurpassed Productivity -- High-speed direct-drive spindles combine with quick-change wheel, arbor and coolant header designs and automatic stock dividing (simultaneously with wheel dressing) to deliver faster floor-to-floor times.
- Extremely Accurate -- Featuring the extreme rigidity of the Phoenix Monolithic column, cast from advanced polymer composite material to achieve very high thermal stability and damping characteristics.
- Easy to Operate and Maintain -- Equipped with powerful Fanuc 30i or Siemens 840D CNC, and Gleason's user-friendly software empowers even less experienced operators; Phoenix design simplifies installation, integration with robots and gantry-type automation, and maintenance.
- Automatic Stock Divider -- The 280G's automatic stock divider, mounted in close proximity to the workspindle, helps ensure consistently high gear quality. The unit automatically determines the tooth slot position of the pre-finished gear to provide accurate and reliable stock division, helping eliminate operator errors.
Want more information? Click below.
Return to Homepage